Death and Dying

With JP's permission, I'd like to reprint the transcript from her channeling in 1984, which Gordon brought to our attention. JP said: "I would love people to have access to it and gain comfort from it." So here is the transcript in full. 

"DEATH & DYING" by JP Van Hulle (San Ramon Michael Group, November 28, 1984)

To begin with the concept of death is a relatively new invention. Death was an idea that came into being around the invention of this universe and had been billed before that as a way to achieve contact with the idea that lessons were temporary but that life in itself continues to grow and move. Before that there was only continual growth and movement and no measuring stick against which to see exactly how you were growing and exactly where you were in the scheme of things that is quite as convenient as dying. Aging and dying was a relatively brilliant artistic nature, and ever since it's been brought into the foreplay, it's made the game very much more complicated and intriguing. The very fact that people agree when they come to a planet, any planet, but we'll use earth as an example, as a sentient being, and even animals that are non-sentient beings you realize that they die also, but let's stick with sentient beings for the moment. When they agree to come, the very fact that they agree to forget what it is that they know in the total consciousness of the universe, so as to experience lessons from a totally new place, as if everything is totally new, is a good step towards new growth. However, one of the things that looked like it didn't work was that the newness wore off, and if all that you did in coming to the planet and seeing it new and deciding to forget what went before was to go through that beginning step, and then to continue many, many hundreds of years and that was experimented with in the beginning. Many lifetimes were very, very, very long at the beginning of the concept of death and the concept of dying, and so what happened was the concept of newness, the feeling of having forgotten the past started to wear thin. People would be here long enough to consider this the only reality. That it wasn't new, that it was what was, and that there was nothing else to look towards or look forward to. Death was something that would eventually happen, but life went on for so long that there was not a real sense, except among the very old, of mortality. Therefore, life became a game in which people settled into set patterns, and after a certain time period grew very little. They would get bored and try new things, but not to the extent of the way that people do so here or anywhere where lifetimes are relatively short - a couple of hundred years or less.

Then that was re-examined. They thought, "Well, if we're going to make lifetimes learning experiences, and they're going to be looked at from the viewpoint of continual newness, continual variety, AND pulling in a new concept, a continual reminder that everything is unstable to a certain degree, in that it changes and grows at all times, there has to be a noticeable difference of age so that the body has to continually change in aging, subtly, but necessarily enough, so the sentient beings involved can tell by looking at another member of their race how old they are, and about where they are in the scheme of things. There also has to be a sense of mortality almost from the very beginning, whereas, if lifetimes are very, very long, there is no sense of mortality for a very long time and lives become very stagnant.

So that was experimented with and some lifetimes were very short. What eventually worked out to be approximately an ideal lifetime was between about 50 to 100 year lifetime. Any sentient race, depending on the advancement of technological sciences achieve a couple of hundred year lifetimes eventually. This culture is already working towards that in order to have people live longer to approximately the limits of that. And not living as someone that feels elderly and that their body's falling apart in half of a lifetime, but to maintain a fair amount of good health throughout.

WHY IS IT THAT IT WORKS?

It works because, number 1, you make an agreement to forget so you can have new experiences. Number 2, while you are here, you notice the changes at all times. And what it is is a mirror that says you are changing at all times, the world is changing at all times, nothing is going to stay the same. And when you have each death experience, it allows there to be a profound growth and movement in one direction or another. So each death is like an enormous step forward, or backward, or to the side, or wherever it is that you've decided to go with that death - but, always a learning experience.

The thing to remember about a death here is that it's an emergence astrally. So where death fear comes to us, and, as with any fear we might add (we're going to bring in a little bit about fear right here), what comes up is not so much the fear of dying as the fear of the experience of pain on this side. But what most fears are about is not literally experiencing the experience that you are going to go through, but what is going to be happening to you on the other side of that experience. Almost all fears are of that. People that are very afraid of bees, lets say, the sting lasts an instant and is not particularly painful. That's not what the fear is, it's the fear of the continuing pain and ache and perhaps the allergic reaction to the sting that is there for the next week or two weeks, or however long it takes you to get over the bee sting, and the extent of very great uncomfortableness that goes along with that. Most experiences are relatively instantaneous. Most fears are about repercussions.

The fear of dying is the same. The fear of dying is, "What's going to happen to me after I die?" Very little is the fear of what's going to happen to me while I'm dying, because death itself is usually pretty quick.

There are grisly forms of death that people avoid more often than not, because doing a few of those is usually sufficient to make them lose their appeal and give you the experience of dying in a relatively grisly fashion, so that you'll have that experience under your belt, that you've tried it out. People usually don't go after those very often.

So literally what the worry is about death and about the process of dying is that you are either, A. not going to continue on the other side, that looks to be the surface of what it is that you're afraid of, B. you're not going to like what happens if you do exist on the other side of it, or C. and this is the worst of all, what happens on the other side is that you will be out of control of and you have no idea what is going to happen (whether it's good or bad).

Now if you knew right off, and were absolutely certain that when you died, there would be nothing on the other side of it. People think that's what their greatest fear is. If you were dead, and it ended, you would not be afraid of that. If you were absolutely certain that you ended and there was no pain, there was no you to worry about how you felt about it later, you would get a little bit of nostalgia and sadness at the thought that you were moving out of the space of the universe and the youness there was no longer going to continue to exist. And it would be a little sad. Fearful, no. Because you would not feel anything bad or awful or disrupting on the other side of it. You would be gone and there would be no you to feel anything whatsoever. There's also a little fear that there's going to be something not so good, something that you don't like very much. If you knew that it was going to be something mildly dislikeable on the other side, or even exactly what it was going to be, if it was going to be fairly dreadful, you wouldn't be so terrified. That's not it. The one that's the real winner, the real peach of the death and dying fear is, "I don't know what's going to happen." That's the big one.

All of you souls that have been around for awhile, meaning anyone who has experienced dying a few times, by the time you're mid-cycle infant soul you've already done that, there is a part of you subconsciously that even though you agree to forget when you come in here, remembers that it continues from lifetime to lifetime. That part of you may not be very large, and may not be very noticeable, and may be very much on an instinctive level, but it remembers that lifetimes continue. You really DO have a sense that you continue. You can block that off, and people very successfully do occasionally for purposes of whatever karma they want to go through. But, most people feel that they will continue after they die. If you take them down to the bottom line and they really self examine themselves, really bare their souls to themselves (they don't have to do it to anyone else), they have a pretty good idea that they're going to continue to exist after their death and what they're afraid of is that they don't know what it is. Mystery is the scariest of all - I don't know what's going to happen is the scariest part.

So what happens? You die, let's say (since you always do --- every lifetime). And what happens there is, at the point of death as significant as what happens here at the point of birth, it's that you enter a different plane of existence. It's obvious you left your body behind. If we're going from the assumption that everyone here pretty much believes that they're going to continue after they die, or is at least willing to hold that hypothesis in their lap and say, "Well Michael, we'll take your word for it for the moment, for the purpose of this discussion." On the other side of the dying experience what's going to happen? Is it going to go utterly unnoticed that you are suddenly blooming into another plane. Here on the physical plane, where people are blindered about any of the other planes, and have less ability to be aware, simply because of the limited slow energy, less amount of physicalness of the entire set of planes, that physical slowness, that inability to really see in all directions and notice everything that's happening all at the same time is more here than any other plane, and you can see that your energy is slower than anywhere else. Just by the fact that you resonate at such a slow energy that you're solid.

Having solidity you resonate fairly slow. Someone that is at a high enough frequency that they are no longer solid resonates at a higher frequency than you do, and therefore, has more of a command of noticing what happens in many directions at once - just having a higher speed.

No one is born here without someone noticing it. Someone notices it every time someone comes to the physical plane. Even if it's only the mother, there's someone that notices it. So it doesn't escape notice, even here where people are relatively blind and don't notice a whole lot. There are sunsets every day to look at, and very few people bother to lift their eyes up that high and look at them . . . and they're fairly astronomical, they're pretty interesting phenomena, and they're different all the time. So, the fact that people notice when you come here will let you know in a hypothetical way of course, that it's very unlikely, and we'll just tell you at the moment that this is true, and you take that for what it's worth, very, very unlikely that you are going to go on to the next plane when you die here and nobody's going to notice. It's going to be noticed. There are going to be people there with bells on . . . watching you bloom into the next plane, and seeing how it is that you react.

An interesting fact about dying is that when you have completed dying here, what you do is go to the first level of the astral plane, the lower astral plane, and at the lower astral plane there is a fantasy making capability that people have. People that visit this in the midst of lifetimes, let's say, between the time they go to sleep at night and the time that they wake up in the morning, notice that if they feel like they've been out of their body and having an experience somewhere else, and have actually gone and visited someone or something like that, they've noticed that they can manifest whatever it is that they think would be interesting in the background. If they want to look like a princess in their dream, they look like a princess. If they want castles and dragons around, there's castles and dragons around. Priests and artisans are particularly good at this and they invent all kinds of marvelous things and adventures around them to play with. This is true for all roles. So what you have on the first level of the astral plane is an image producing ability, you can focus on and manifest visually to yourself if you want to be visually considering that you have no eyes, but as an imaginary scenario, whatever it is that you want to have available to experience. The very first thing that people do when they die is they experience what it is they thought they were going to experience while they were dying.

If you die on the way off a cliff while screaming "Oh shit" as your car goes off the cliff, and you know there's rocks down there, and you die halfway down. Let's say you die of a heart attack and never hit the bottom. What usually happens is, in those few minutes after you're dead, you experience the car hitting the bottom, because that's what you're expecting to experience on the way out - the car hitting the bottom. And what you'll notice is that you don't feel the physical pain after all. You may feel some pain just as the experience of the memory of pain, as you would imagine it would feel if you hit the rocks - because you're still all involved in the fact that you had body in the moment before, and that that body would have felt pain. When you suddenly realize that the rocks aren't there, then you'll have the ability to reform the scenario: "Ah ha, I'm dead," you might say, and you would be right. "What do I think about the fact that I'm dead?" Well obviously, depending on whatever it is you've brought yourself up to believe, and most people die when they have brought themselves up rather than following whatever it is that their parents brought them up as, or that they believed as very little children, and they've reformed their viewpoints around whatever it is that their church, or their religion or philosophical group says according to exactly what it is that they think is going to happen. Well, let's say heaven and hell are going to happen - "Ah ha, heaven and hell are my choices here, now that I realize that I'm dead, I'm down here on the rocks and there's my car . . . oh yes, there's my body over there. Yep, I'm dead all right, there's nothing left for me to do but face St. Peter." If what you do is feel you're going to do is face St. Peter, and he's going to go thumbs down or thumbs up and tell you you're out or you're in, you'll do that. And you can keep up this imaginary fairytale existence believing in heaven or hell even for some months. Some people really carry this on. Now meanwhile, everyone else that noticed that you were dying, that astrally it's very noticeable when someone comes on the astral plane, [they] are watching you go through whatever it is you think you're going through. If what you think you're going through is that you're going to go to heaven and you're going to be surrounded by angels and you're going to be singing you're heart out, then they're watching you do that, and watching you do that, and being there to support you, in fact, they'll even play along with the game and come in dressed as angels . . . your friends will be willing to step right in and go for that. Eventually what happens is that it gets boring, and you start to lose the imagery of it. "Is this all there is?" "Is this eternity?" Somehow it feels like there's something lacking, which is a continuing experience from that into something else. Because the truth about the entire universe, and it's true on the physical plane and all the other planes, is that nothing is static and everything continues to move, and continues to grow, and continues to go forward. So after you've experienced hell for awhile, and heaven for awhile, and there's nothing but heavenly fish fries going on every Saturday night, and choir all week, it gets really boring, and you start to realize that there has to be something else you have to do. As soon as it starts to get boring, the imagery starts to fail, and you start noticing that there are other things going on there, and what you've actually done is you've moved onto this other plane of existence. As you start to lose the cloud, the confusion, the after death experience, and for some people, we might add, [it] happens in a few minutes. Especially older souls that have been there before and really remember being to the astral plane before. They step out of the body and say, "Well, what time is it - how many lessons do I have time for now?" And everybody says, you can drop the watch now, the physical plane is over." But they remember very, very quickly. So it doesn't have to be that it takes you months and months worth of physical plane time. And the concept of time is different. People have all the time in the world, literally, to allow you to go through whatever your imagination deemed that you should go through upon your death experience. If it takes you years to get through that you need to look at being in heaven or in hell for awhile as part of your experience of the death, then that is what you need to go through, that's fine. And if it only takes you momentarily, so to speak, then that's fine, too.

Meanwhile there will be someone keeping an eye on you at all times, and ready to process you into astral lessons. And most of what goes on on the astral plane is review at that first level of the astral plane. Review of what it is that you've been through, and then a council, as it were, of peers and elders, meaning people that have been around longer than you that you will then take the benefit of their experience into account when you decide if you're going to plan another lifetime or not. YOU decide exactly how much you've grown. You're the one that makes that decision, no one else does that for you. And, what it is you're going to set up for that next life, if you need a next life.

That all takes quite a bit of manipulation and decision and who is it that's going to be mom, and who is it that's going to be dad, and where is it that I'm going to be, and am I going to have brothers and sisters, what karmas do I want to complete, what area of the globe do I need to be on. All these things come into play and you have quite a lot to look at.

Then you wait around for that particular circumstance to come up, of course. It's not just instantly manifested, you have to wait until the right people are in the right place at the right time.

What you carry with you, and this is bottom line stuff, in your death fear is the fear of being embarrassed. People do some pretty ridiculous looking things when they first arrive on the astral plane, because they feel that dying means, "I'm going to become a plant." So there they are being a plant with all they're worth. Or, dying means I'll be reborn as a dog, because I killed a dog this life. So there they are being a dog. Whatever it is. And what you remember is that that's fairly embarrassing stuff. And it doesn't have to be - you can say, it's just what I went through. But, the feeling is that there are probably people around that are really getting their jollies out of it . . . and there are!

So when we decided to call this course "Death and Dying Can Be Fun," we were thinking about it from our viewpoint, not yours. Because dying is wonderfully dramatic, most of the time. You get really into it, it feels very, very real. Very few people are detached from their own death. There are some, but not very many. So it's usually Camille time . . . here I go, I'm surrounded by my family and my friends, everyone is somber for the occasion, everyone is somberly dressed, no one knows what to say, and they're ushering me out as ill at ease as possible. They're going to have a great party as soon as I'm dead, but right now they don't know what to do, they're just wishing I would hurry up and go, and milking it for all it's worth. And that is usually how the death bed scene looks here. Then you spend some time looking fairly ridiculous on the other side of the death thing, so from the viewpoint of people that are astral or causal, and this is NOT with the desire to make anyone here feel less competent or foolish in any way, it's just amusing. And it's interesting. And it's a good karma formation. What a way to amuse and delight your friends than to go through these things. And it truly does amuse and delight your friends. Once they've been amused and delighted, they get the chance to guide you through whatever the next steps are for you, whether it's to be reborn again, whether it's to do some other lessons; whatever it is that you feel needs to be done.

That's what happens on the other side. And now you're demystified a little bit about why you're afraid to go every lifetime. It's because you don't know exactly what's going to happen and you're afraid you're going to be embarrassed. That's basically it. People aren't afraid that it's going to hurt or anything. Very few people think it's going to hurt. Very few people think it's going to be boring, or think that they're not going to exist anymore. They're pretty sure that they're going to exist and that they're going to embarrass themselves in some way.

People coming here worry about the same thing. That they're going to be born, and they're going to cry and they're going to scream and they're going to be the only nude person in the room. And they're probably going to embarrass themselves by peeing all over someone as soon as possible. That's true. But you got over it. It didn't bother you as soon as you got over it and got right into being a baby and make it real that you stopped being concerned whatsoever. It's the same thing astrally. As soon as you start your astral lessons, you let go of what you thought was going to happen and you start doing what it is that you really came there for.

So let's set aside that you're going to think about it no matter what we just said and go back to how it feels before you actually get to death. Let's get into dying.

The way that dying goes is that most people like to feel that they can somehow avoid it. That somehow everyone else has died every lifetime, and everyone that they've known this lifetime usually those older than them, but some younger than them, has died, but it isn't going to happen to them. So there's a negation period that usually lasts from the time you're born this lifetime until you're fairly close to when you're actually going to die this lifetime. There's a feeling that you carry around that says, "Well, it did happen to all of them, but it probably isn't going to happen to me. I'm going to figure out a way to get past all that." And a part of that is your essence. Your essence is saying, "Of course you're going to live, you've lived all these other lifetimes, through all this death and dying, you're going to live through this one, too." And part of it is personality just not wanting to let go.

Personality does not want to admit that it is going to end. And it always ends. Every life. Without a doubt. It ends. You may have a very long lifetime now and then, but it always comes to an end, and that personality becomes wrapped around the rest of the essence and is the next layer of the essence's memories that it takes into the very next body. You wouldn't want to keep it forever anyway. It gets old and rotten. That's part of the reason that you are born, and get older, and die. You don't want to hang on to something that's falling apart. You want to trade it in for a new experience. It becomes desirable at some point to want to get rid of it. Eventually when you look at that you really are going to die, and it really comes up that you ARE going to die, you get very angry, and that's personality getting very angry and upset. It's losing the game that it thought on some level that it was going to win. And anger comes up really, really strongly. And then there's a sort of bargaining period that goes on. "God, if I don't die I will go to church for the rest of my life, if you make sure I don't die." God is not in this. So you're going to die. And, even if God really adored you, you were going to die anyway, because that's part of the entire game and lessons and what you signed up for. So you are going to go ahead and do what you signed up for and carry on. Once the bargaining contract is over and it looks like you're losing anyway and you're going to die anyway, then you usually become accustomed to it. Most people then give up quite a lot of their fear, except for the very young, infant souls and some of the baby souls carry on quite a lot of fear. Most people at some point start giving up their fear. They still play the drama till the end very soberly - they're dying here. Let's not take this too lightheartedly. Everyone that is my friend and relative had better take this seriously that this personality is going down the tubes or I will be mortally offended and laugh my guts out at them when they follow me. So there really is retribution. There are people that laugh at you when you're dying, but you're going first, and then when they die, you get to have yours back, so there's a little bit of pettiness that often comes up around this. We're going to just through in that that happens, and we noticed it happen and you'll notice it happen.

It always happens that you realize that you're going to go, and you accustom yourself to the idea that you're going to go, and most people don't go kicking and screaming into death unless they're involved in an accident or something that they were very much unprepared for, and essence just takes that chance to check out. And they go, "Wait a minute, I wasn't supposed to die yet." And that sort of thing comes up. Normally people have an idea that they're going to check out before they do and they get a chance to become accustomed to the idea.

There's a little war that goes on between personality and essence. Essence doesn't really care if you die. That sounds very cold hearted but it literally isn't. Essence knows that you are going to continue throughout time. That you are not going to end, and that the certain spark that is you is going to continue. So it doesn't care about a particular body, because even that body and its experiences are going to be lodged in a memory of that essence and not truly lost. The memories are truly opened up when you get into the higher levels of the astral plane. You truly have open memory that you can remember, just as if it was yesterday, any of the experiences, of any of the bodies that you ever had. So just the way that you were two years ago is not dead, because you remember what you did two years ago, essence is not going to decide that you're dead for it if your body goes. And it will go. So essence says, I don't care. Bodies can't do that. And for a couple of reasons. First is, that you want the body most lifetimes to experience the entire range of human experience, which is going from infant to baby to young to mature to old. The microcosm of what your soul is going to do eventually, of what you're on the path of, so you get a taste of every lifetime, even as an infant soul, as an old soul (it doesn't make any difference), almost every lifetime you get up to the age of 55 to 60 years old, you have experienced going from infant to old soul perceptivity on some level. You get a taste of it by the chronological movement of the body through the years. So it wants you to experience that. You need to have birth and death to experience that. And that means that your body wants to be here long enough to get old. So personality has a job to do, which is you have to try to make it from infanthood to 50 or 60 years old to have that full experience most lifetimes. So that brings us to point No. 2. In order 
to do that, the body, the personality that runs it and the body has to have a survival orientation, so that you'll stay alive that long. See, if your body and your personality said, "We don't care if we die, essence doesn't care if we die, so should we care if we die." Then the next time a truck was coming and you're standing in the middle of the road, you go, "Eehhhh, I'm too tired to move. What the hell, it's only a body." And you'd have bodies splattered from here to Kansas.

So there has to be a survival mechanism. The truth is, without a survival mechanism - like people that are born with very severe cases of self-destruction as a chief feature, let's say. And they get as close as they can to being anti-survival - they don't live very long. Generally speaking, they certainly don't have an entire lifetime that goes from infanthood up until 50 or 60 years old. They can just walk out the third floor window as soon as they learn how to walk - 2 or 3 years old - or can run out into the street and get hit by a car, because they don't particularly care, or set themselves on fire just to see what it's like. You can see that someone with that sort of attitude wouldn't last too long. You might make them stick around under thorough vigilance on the case of mothers and fathers until they're old enough to go traveling around with someone on their own. But you're never going to get a teenager to do that sort of thing. As soon as the old hormones come into play and depression becomes a known phenomenon, and depression is very common in the teenage years. Is there anyone in the room that was never depressed when they were a teenager? We didn't think so. Depression is very, very common, and when you hit depressions if you didn't have anything going that said, "I have to survive," it would be extremely easy to go driving mom and dads borrowed car off of the cliff somewhere. It would only take someone 13 or 14 years old to steal a car and do that, and mom and dad have to suffer the consequences of the entire thing, of course. At a teenage viewpoint that doesn't matter in the least. You'll notice that not too many people would live long without strong, strong imprinting on an instinctive level - that's even before you come out fully formed in the body each lifetime strongly instinctively imprinted that you need to make yourself survive. That you are survival oriented personality.

That gets you to a ripe old age most lifetimes. It helps you to stay alive during wartime. It helps you to run away from someone that's trying to kill you, or fight back. It helps you to keep from having accidents befall you as much as possible. And all that comes from your survival mechanism AND it keeps you going through your karmas and challenges. And the whole point of being here is to try all these different karmas and challenges that are available on the physical plane, which is anything intense that you would like to experience, anything - in one lifetime or another. So if you want to try something out, and it's very difficult and hard to accomplish, if you weren't survival oriented, you'd never get through even one side of that karma, let alone come back and complete the other side of that karma doing it from the other direction with whoever it is that you decided to play with. That would just never happen. You'd never make it though major intense karmas, because often they feel bad, or at least difficult or challenging. So it really serves you to have a body that is survival oriented.

Only when you're looking at dying, does it become a pain for your body to be survival oriented. At that point you would like your body and also the personality and overleaves that go with it to give up and say, "Well, what the heck, we'll just glide on through to the other side." Very few people can do that. They believe on some level that the game here is real, and there really isn't all that much to do on the other side. Or that that might be true, or that they might embarrass themselves, or whatever other mysterious thing that might happen. So they don't like to look at going.

So we can tell you right now that you can start preparing yourself for that, except those of you that want to decide to check out instantaneously in some accident or other. By really coming to grips with the fact that it doesn't really matter later, don't worry about the future . . . that's the basic lesson here. That always is true anyway. If you live in the present, you live with whatever problems and challenges and good things that you have to deal with today. That's not to say don't plan for the morrow, cause living entirely in the moment is not usually all that possible. You have a car payment due tomorrow, and you say, "But the world could end tomorrow," the likelihood is that it won't, so you maybe, if you want to keep your car, will plan on having the money to pay your car payment.

That's an example of planning for the future. Worrying about it isn't going to get you anywhere. Worrying about, "Will my check come in time to cover the car payment?" is not going to get the check here any quicker. Going and doing something about it might, worrying about it isn't. It's the same thing with dying. Worrying about what's going to happen to you after you die doesn't get you anywhere. What's going to happen to you after you die is exactly what happens. The people that look the most ridiculous are the people that think they're not going to exist after they die. People that think they're not going to exist after they die are standing there very, very still (as an example, trying to make it visual for all of you) pretending that they aren't there, so that no one seeing themselves will think they exist. Everyone has to be very careful not to interrupt them, when they're thinking they're not there till they get bored with not being there.

So you can worry about all of these things. But what is the point? We're going to throw this out for you to look at today. There is no point in worrying about this, people, because what is going to happen to you in particular is unique to you, in particular just the way your birth was and you can ask your mother, no one was born just exactly the way you were. Mothers remember these things. And it's the truth when you go to the astral plane. No one goes through exactly what you're going to go through there either. Even you do it differently every lifetime. So as you go from one plane to another, the thing not to do is to worry about it. More anxiety goes into the fear of death than fear of just about anything else, and it's one of the last ones that you have to give up. Most of you are fairly much older souls, you're at least all on the flip side of infant to early young and late young to old, so you have died a lot. Give it up. Give up the anxiety, it doesn't serve you.

You intellectually centered people can work on talking yourselves out of it. The emotionally centered people may as well get it right now that there isn't anything you have to worry about. Even if you don't believe anything we've said about what happens after you die, you still don't have anything to worry about, because YOU'RE GOING TO DIE. If there was a chance that you weren't going to die, then you could worry about dying. "Oh no, what if I'm the person that's going to die. 99% of my friends are going to live forever, but what if I'm the one 1/100 that's going to die." THAT you could worry about. Really work yourself up about it. You can give that up. We'll let you in on the secret that it is going to happen to you.

You can connect that instinctive level stuff with your brain and tell yourself, "Yes, I'm going to die, and it doesn't matter." It's just one more step. And being anxious about it isn't going to get me anywhere. Moving centered people can really grasp that. If they start looking at it when they are younger, they just put it into themselves kinesthetically, and when death comes they can really handle it. They usually have the least problems with it. Intellectually centered people beat themselves up about it for years - every single angle - every single possibility of what could happen to them in the process of dying they will look at and see the worst scenario that could possible happen and which way it could happen, and how gory and how painful and what the horrendous things that exist on the other side could be and on and on and on. Why don't you not do that, that's our suggestion. Emotionally centered people are up for grabs. We're letting you know now that you can give it up.

If you come to the understanding that it's merely your body that had this important function of survival orientation in order to get you to the age to die that is making you worry about dying, and that now you no longer need that function, you can grasp the idea that it's time to let it go. Truly you can. Any of you can. Just as you don't have to mourn giving up the hormones that made your body grow when you were a child. Would you like to keep growing, and growing, and growing forever. You could never buy a decent size house, because you would never know how tall you were going to be before you die. Everybody just gets taller, and taller.

People don't mourn very much the passing of that state of being that kept them growing physically when they reach adulthood. It's the same thing. You don't have to mourn the passing of the survival organism that is your body and personality - it's only going to be switched for something else. Everything is ALWAYS switched for something else. Strange but true. Including your body, including your ideals, including your philosophies about everything, including your essence and how it operates, because as soon as you die this lifetime, your essence gets a new coat of paint that's called called Aaron, or Holly, or Joy . . . before that, it was carrying around however many lifetimes you had and now it gets a new layer that looks like this new person on the outside and there you are with a whole new coat on the astral plane . . . all spiffy. So even your essence changes, because it has new experiences added onto it.

If you get accustomed to the idea that change is permanent, that truly there is permanence in the Universe, and that permanence is that things continually change, you'll have something stable that you can put your hooks into. Because we know about all of you, even the Artisans and Priests, is that what you hunger for a certain amount of stability and security. What you try to do, to get that stability and security, is you try to make something stay secure on the physical plane, cause things look very solid. You look at those bricks and say, "Boy, those are secure bricks. I could hang on to those bricks, I could have one of those bricks as my favorite and it wouldn't change for years." The truth is that it's eventually going to rot and change just like everything else. It just looks more permanent, because on the physical plane things move very slowly. So the illusion is that you can put your hooks and your necessary hopes into stable looking things that are physical on the physical plane merely because they move more slowly and change more slowly. That's the fallacy. You cannot do that. You cannot hang onto something that moves more slowly and fool yourself into thinking that it doesn't change at all. That's not the case.

One of the big reasons why your bodies change and grow and die and rebirth themselves so quickly is so you will get the idea and it will sink in that things change on the physical plane. That only change is permanent. You get to like change a lot if you look at it that way. You can say, "I finally have something permanent I can hang on to, which is growth and change. As long as I continue to grow and change, as long as I recognize that everything around me, even the bricks are growing and changing, that is a stable factor in my universe. That next year is not going to look like this year; relationship - wise, materialistically, emotionally and spiritually, but that it is going to have grown and changed, and I will have the benefit of all those new experiences." That's something you can really sink your teeth into.

OK, 'cause we know you all want security, THAT's your security. A little tough to get the idea of fluid stability - but it exists, in fact, it is the only stability that exists.

* When there's a life or death situation, essence usually steps in at that moment and weighs it. And its weighing the situation is instantaneous. When there's two people involved, all of the essences are immediately weighing the possibility of life or death.

* Since Warriors are instrumental in many people dying, because of being in many wars, the way to pay that back is to assist them later in a different lifetime by taking care of them through the death experience. (As being a nurse and working in a hospital, etc.)

Channeled by JP Van Hulle